RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
- Student Care Network (including Student Care Coordination, Student Health Center, University Counseling Center, and Center for Student Wellbeing). The Student Care Network includes cultural and identity, physical, emotional, spiritual, social, financial, vocational, sexual, and intellectual resources for students.
RESOURCES FOR FACULTY, STAFF AND POSTDOCS
- Virgin Pulse – Vanderbilt’s faculty, staff and postdocs have access to a new wellness platform provided by Virgin Pulse. This platform encourages behavioral change through completing a Health Risk Assessment and participating in fun team challenges with family and friends.
- Occupational Health Center – programs to monitor exposure to workplace hazards, treatment of work-related illness and injury, express care clinic for limited non-work related health care needs. Online appointment scheduling with the Occupational Health Clinic for in-person and virtual acute care/sick visits is now available. Login at the following link and click “Schedule Appointment” on the left-hand side menu.
- Express Care Clinic – Faculty/Staff Express Care is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You can schedule a same-day appointment at the Faculty/Staff Express Care by walking in to be placed in our next available slot, or by calling 615-936-0955 (select option 2). You may also print and complete the intake form to save you time in the clinic. This service is not a substitute for a Primary Care Provider (PCP). We do not charge employees for seeing the Nurse Practitioners who provide the care at this clinic. However, any external services that we order (such as lab tests or X-rays) will be charged to your insurance. Conditions that can be treated at Faculty/Staff Express Care are cough, cold, flu, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, allergies, sore throats, ear infections, eye infections, common skin rashes, infections, and urinary tract infections.
- Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness – The Recreation and Wellness Center offers wellness, fitness, and aquatic facilities, as well as an outdoor recreation program, club and intramural sports, and nutrition programs, among other services and resources to help keep you feeling well.
- Metro Nashville Public Health
- Tennessee Department of Health
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- World Health Organization
- Lyra – Vanderbilt’s faculty, staff, postdocs and their families now receive expanded support through a new behavioral health program. The program is provided by Lyra, a mental health provider, who delivers great access and care to the Vanderbilt community. This includes 24/7/365 concierge navigation support for behavioral and mental health needs.
- Title IX – responsible for the review, investigation, and resolution of reports of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct under the applicable processes as mandated by law.
- VU PROJECT SAFE – provides information, support, referrals, and education about sexual and intimate partner violence (including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking), as well as consent, healthy relationships, and healthy sexuality to the Vanderbilt University community. Project Safe serves as a central resource for those impacted by power-based personal violence and can assist with navigating the University’s resource and support network, as well as external support and law enforcement resources.
- Office of Student Care Coordination, Center for Student Wellbeing, University Counseling Center – gladly accept outreach requests submitted by student organizations, staff and faculty for presentations, trainings and workshops on various topics that relate to wellness.
- Brightline Mental Health Services for Children – Aetna members have access to mental health support for kids (18 months – 18 years old) with Brightline. Read more about Brightline services, as well as other benefits on the HR Health Care Plan page. (Scroll down to “other benefits” for Brightline information)
- Davidson Co. Mental Health Support Group
- For additional crisis/support lines, please visit the 24/7 support page.
- Biological Safety Resources
- Chemical Safety & Hazardous Waste Resources
- Laser Safety Resources
- Radiation Safety Resources
- Sustainability Resources
- Black Cultural Center – offers innovative programming, resources, and opportunities for fellowship for students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- English Language Center – provides English-language support for individuals who have a first language other than English and who are enrolled or working at Vanderbilt University.
- Employee Affinity Groups – Employee Affinity Groups (EAGs) are employee-led and facilitated groups formed around interests, backgrounds, identifies, and common bonds.
- Equal Opportunity and Access – equal opportunity and affirmative action for faculty and staff, religious accommodations, reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities, reviews of discrimination and harassment complaints, and education and training.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex Life – a cultural center and a place of affirmation for individuals of all identities, and a resource for information and support about gender and sexuality.
- The Margaret Cuningham Women’s Center – an affirming space for all members of the Vanderbilt community that acknowledges and actively resists sexism, racism, homophobia, and all forms of oppression while advocating for positive social change.
- Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – works to intentionally foster institutional equity, diversity and inclusion by creating educational opportunities, raising awareness, and providing strategies and tools to bring to life the vision of inclusive excellence, both on our campus and in our city.
- Reproductive Health and Parenting – includes information on the university Reproductive Health and Parenting coordinator, their role, how to contact them, and additional reproductive and parenting resources.
- University Staff Advisory Council – information on the university staff advisory council (USAC) which includes over 90 elected individuals who represent full and part-time exempt and non-exempt staff members.
- Cybersecurity Tips
- Employee Appreciation – information on the Vanderbilt employee appreciation program.
- Fidelity – Vanderbilt’s retirement vendor
- For questions regarding FMLA/Medical Leave, contact University HR Employee Service Center: 615-343-4125.
- Human Resources – includes job and career resources, human resource policies, payroll, tuition benefit programs, time off and leave information, benefits programs, employee learning and engagement resources.
- Online First Report of Work Injury
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Remote and Hybrid Toolkit – Human Resources remote and hybrid work toolkit.
- Zoom Best Practices
- Benton Chapel – the largest and main chapel for Vanderbilt University. The chapel is available to be used by different denominations and traditions throughout the week.
- Office of the University Chaplain and Religious Life – supports the spiritual and religious growth of all Vanderbilt community members while encouraging the ongoing development of interfaith literacy and dialogue.