About Our Team
Jay was named William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of English in 2003. Read more.
- Arts, humanities, and science policy
- Genetics and literature
- New media
- Game studies
- Victorian literature
- 21st-century culture
Jennifer Novak-Leonard, PhD, was named the Associate Director of the Curb Center in August 2016. Read More.
- Cultural & creative expression in public policy
- Self-perceptions of creativity
- Immigrant integration
- Applied research methods
Elizabeth Meadows became the Assistant Director of the Curb Center in 2013. Read more.
- Victorian literature and culture
- Nineteenth-century novel and media culture
- Women’s and gender studies
- Formalist literary and cultural studies
- Creativity and collaboration in academic culture
Kimberly Kane became the Administrative Manager of the Curb Center in 2017. Read more.
- Educational and Research Management
- Pre-and Post Grant Awards
- Graphic Design & Branding
- Event Planning
- K-12 Art & Science Educational Outreach
Mindy Kessler became the Program Manager at the Curb Center in 2017. Read more.
- The National Shakespeare Conservatory
- Experience with K-12 Education
- Creative writing
- Dedicated Gardener
Creative Writing Fellow
Katie Young Foster is an M.F.A candidate and the 2016-17 Creative Writing Fellow at The Curb Center. Read more.
- Midwestern Fiction Writer
- Comics Editor
- Outdoor Enthusiast
Graduate Research Assistant
Rachel Skaggs is a Ph.D. candidate in Vanderbilt University’s Department of Sociology. Read more.
- Work and careers in creative industries
- The gig economy
- Social Networks
- Mixed methods research
In his more than four-decade career, Mike Curb has creatively and successfully engaged with the worlds of business, government and philanthropy. Read More.
- Family-Based Philanthropy
- Curb Records
- Art Preservation
- Music Composition & Production
Jim Ed Norman
Jim Ed Norman’s career in the music industry spans the gamut from the creative to administration. Read More.
- Nashville Music Community
- Curb Records
- Commercial Music
- Application of Art & Culture
Rosevelt Noble joined the Curb Center as a Senior Fellow in August 2015. Since 2002, he has also served as a Senior Lecture in the Department of Sociology at Vanderbilt University. Read More.
- American criminal justice system
- African-Americans at Vanderbilt University
- Storytelling and artistic expression
- Photography and video production