About Our Team
In his more than four-decade career, Mike Curb has creatively and successfully engaged with the worlds of business, government and philanthropy. Read More.
- Family-Based Philanthropy
- Curb Records
- Art Preservation
- Music Composition & Production
Jay was named William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of English in 2003. Read more.
- Arts, humanities, and science policy
- Genetics and literature
- New media
- Game studies
- Victorian literature
- 21st-century culture
Elizabeth Meadows became the Assistant Director of the Curb Center in 2013. Read more.
- Victorian literature and culture
- Nineteenth-century novel and media culture
- Women’s and gender studies
- Formalist literary and cultural studies
- Creativity and collaboration in academic culture
Jim Ed Norman
Jim Ed Norman’s career in the music industry spans the gamut from the creative to administration. Read More.
- Nashville Music Community
- Curb Records
- Commercial Music
- Application of Art & Culture
2017-2018 Curb Faculty Fellow in Arts Policy
Dan’s work addresses the formation of inclusive and expressive occupational communities and their impact on cultural pluralism. Read more.
- Independent Nashville Music Community
- Cultural Equity in the Arts
- Artist Revenue Streaming
- Artist Careers, Labor, Civil Rights & Immigration
Research Instructor in Otolaryngology and a Co-Investigator with the trans-institutional Program for Music, Mind, and Society at Vanderbilt. Read More.
- Clinical Psychology
- Music Cognition
- Music and Social Engagement
- Social and Auditory Cognitive Neuroscience
- Developmental disabilities (Autism, Williams syndrome)
2017-2018 Creative Writing Fellow
Mark Haslam is an M.F.A. Fiction candidate at Vanderbilt University and the 2016-17 Creative Writing Fellow at The Curb Center. Read more.
- Fiction Writer
- Creative writing in the community
Graduate Research Assistant
Rachel Skaggs is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Sociology. Read more.
- Creative industries careers
- The Gig economy
- Social Networks
- Mixed methods research
Adam Merki is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in the German Studies Graduate program. Read more.
- German cinema and media studies
- World Traveler
Kimberly Kane became the Administrative Manager of the Curb Center in 2017. Read more.
- Educational and Research Management
- Pre-and Post Grant Awards
- Graphic Design & Branding
- Event Planning
- K-12 Art & Science Educational Outreach
Mindy Kessler became the Program Manager at the Curb Center in 2017. Read more.
- The National Shakespeare Conservatory
- Experience with K-12 Education
- Creative writing
- Dedicated Gardener