Cruising the Elbe River: From Prague to Berlin
April 2–13, 2023
From $7,990 per person based on double occupancy.
Special guests or host TBD
The Elbe River has long been an important delineator of east and west in Europe. Linking two of the most fascinating capital cities—Prague and Berlin—it traverses a land filled with captivating treasures, including cosmopolitan cities and picturesque towns; terraced vineyards and lush orchards; fortress-crowned crags; and the spectacular gorges of “Saxon Switzerland.” Beginning with a stay at the incomparable and centrally located Four Seasons Prague, this eight-night river cruise aboard the lovely Elbe Princesse embraces the broad sweep of history across this region from Bohemia to the former East Germany: Prague Castle, a sprawling complex that has served as the seat of power for kings of Bohemia, Holy Roman emperors, and presidents of the former Czechoslovakia; the Wittenberg church where Martin Luther posted his 95 Reformation Theses; historic Jewish synagogues and cemeteries; World War II memorials; Meissen’s fine porcelain workshop; the treasures of Dresden’s Green Vault and Zwinger Palace; the famous Bauhaus school of 20th-century architecture; Potsdam’s whimsical Sanssouci palace and gardens, summer residence of Frederick the Great, notable for the numerous temples and follies within its park; and the contrast of old and new in Berlin, Germany’s dynamic capital city and largest metropolis.
Optional Post-Tour Extension in Berlin.
Call (615) 322-3673 or contact us to learn more and register.
M/S Elbe Princesse
- Two hotel nights/eight cruise nights
- All accommodations and meals as specified in the itinerary
- All excursions as specified in the itinerary
- Full program of briefings, lectures and presentations
- Group arrival and departure transfers on group arrival and departure days
- Baggage handling at hotels and ship
- Gratuities to porters, wait staff, guides and drivers
- Gratuities to shipboard personnel
- Port charges
- Entrance fees
- Welcome and farewell wine receptions
- Wine, beer, and soft drinks at lunch and dinner aboard ship, and group meals ashore