Student Spotlight: Lucy De Lande Long

Posted by on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 in Student Spotlight.

Today, we are highlighting senior Lucy De Lande Long!!

“Hi! I’m Lucy, and I’m a senior from New York City majoring in HOD with minors in Business and Spanish.

After four years at Vanderbilt, I can confidently say that my business minor classes have been some of my favorites as well as helpful supplements to my HOD coursework. I’m currently taking Professor Leddin’s “Leading Business Through Crisis,” and it has been incredibly engaging, offering firsthand insights from professionals across various industries, each sharing unique lessons I will carry with me into my career.

One of my most formative experiences at Vanderbilt was serving as the Senior Vice President of Delta Sigma Pi. It was a privilege to run the recruitment process and meet so many amazing underclassmen and welcome them into the brotherhood. I have found some of my most influential mentors and best friends in the chapter—and, in a lot of cases, it’s the same people fulfilling both roles.

Looking ahead, I am so excited to start my career as a consultant at Bain & Company. Reflecting on my time at Vanderbilt, I cannot recommend the business minor enough. It has truly enriched my academic experience and been instrumental in shaping my professional outlook.”

Tags: