Student Spotlight: Akshaya Annampedu

Posted by on Tuesday, February 6, 2024 in Student Spotlight.

Today, we are highlighting Akshaya Annampedu, a sophomore here at Vandy.

“The business minor has housed some of my most cherished classes at Vanderbilt. Professor Williamson’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) class was my first introduction to the corporate world. By diving deep into the importance of ESG initiatives through immersive case studies, I’m able to have a conversation about my interest in this space in any interview. I also had my first exposure to impact investing by working on a student project and a live presentation with peers from my CSR class with a leading investment management firm. I plan to pursue a career in corporate finance and structuring, and my distinctive blend of Economics, Cognitive Studies, and Business equips me with the essential technical, mathematical, and interpersonal communication skills required for any client-facing role. It excites me every day to make connections between these three disciplines.”

“The business minor also offers significant flexibility. With a natural passion for history, I found one of my favorite electives at Vanderbilt, Latin American Development, particularly rewarding. It counted towards the business minor since we explored economic development in Latin America. I want to see more women of color hold leadership positions in their careers, and the Business minor is equipping me with essential knowledge in corporate strategy, technical skills, and strategic communication to achieve this goal. If you need any advice regarding the Business minor, feel free to reach out to me at  akshaya.annampedu@vanderbilt.edu!”

Tags: