Skip to main content

Graduate / Professional Student Account Credit Balance Refund Process

Under state and federal regulations, educational expenses such as tuition and fees are to be covered prior to the release of any credit refund from loan proceeds. Therefore, if there is a balance due on your student account, all loan proceeds must be credited to your account before a refund will be granted. Note: You must be registered for at least half-time status to receive Title IV funds.  Click here for frequently asked questions regarding student refunds

The refund process is automated for Title IV Funds (Stafford, Perkins, PLUS and Supplemental Grants). Students do not need to complete a Refund Request Form:


You are officially enrolled in courses and have a refundable credit balance after tuition and fees have processed


You may also choose to have your funds deposited to your personal bank account via your YES landing page. Once logged in, click on the Direct Deposit icon to securely enter your account information.

If enrolled, Divinity, Engineering Professional, Graduate School, Law, Nursing, Owen, Peabody and Medical Masters student refund checks for will process automatically beginning Tuesday, January 7, 2020. An EFT deposit or check will process the next business day. 

The check mailing process sorts first to campus address; then mailing address; then home address. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS ACCURATE. No refund checks may be held for pick-up.

If you prefer to have your credit balance retained in your student account, please email Student Accounts at

If you need to replace a lost, destroyed, or stale-dated refund check please complete the Replace Lost Check form.

Charges that apply after a refund has processed will need to be paid on or before the next invoice deadline to avoid late payment fees.

Please direct any questions regarding the refund process to:

Office of Student Accounts
Telephone: 615-322-6693 or 800-288-1144