Student E-Bill Information
Vanderbilt University uses the online e-billing system exclusively.
- About E-Bills
- E-Bill Viewing Instructions for Students
- Student Log-In: Link to YES Landing Page to View E-Bill
- Students: Granting E-Bill Access to Parents/Others
- Billing Portal Video Tutorial
An e-bill is an online presentation of your Vanderbilt Student Account bill, which uses a web-based portal from Transact to provide access to student financial records. Online account access offers a secure way to view bills, make payments and review up to 12 months of payment information.
The student is financially responsible for his/her student account per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). However, students may give parents and others online access to their accounts. It is the responsibility of the student to check for the latest e-bill and ensure that it is paid on or before the due date.
Only students may grant online account access to parents, guardians or other payers.
With e-billing, students and parents/others who have been granted access and have enrolled for e-bills are able to:
- Receive e-mail billing notifications. (Student's emails are sent to their Vanderbilt email address)
- Make payments simply and securely from one web site. You may use either a checking/savings account or a credit/debit card. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Note that there is a card processing fee associated with all credit/debit card transactions.
- Online payments may be made until 6 p.m. CST the last day of the month.
If you choose to make an online payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail for your records. If you prefer to mail your payment, you can print the bill; return the top portion or payment coupon along with your payment to the remittance address on the invoice. Please keep in mind payments are due on the specified due date to avoid a late payment fee.
- Access and print prior months' bills.
- View payment history for online payments.
- View activity since your last bill. You will need to click on the "Recent Activity" tab located at the top of your E-Bill screen.
Account maintenance or setup questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each month that items are posted to your student account, an email will be sent to your Vanderbilt email address with the subject line "Your New Vanderbilt E-Bill is Now Available." When you receive your email notification, go to your YES landing page to open and view your e-bill. The link is located in the options below your picture and reads "Billing Portal."
- You can view your bill and make payments, simply and securely by following the payment option links on the bill. Each time an online payment is made, you will receive a confirmation email for your records. If you prefer to mail your payment, click the "Print Payment Coupon" button at the bottom of your e-bill.
Follow these steps to create a new payer account.
- Sign into your YES account and select "Billing Portal".
- On the My Account page, click on the "Send a payer invitation" link.
- Complete the First Name, Last Name and Email Address fields.
- If you do not wish the payer to have access to billing statements, uncheck the "Allow access to statements" box.
- Enter a message to be included in the email to the payer if you choose and click the "Send Invitation" button.
The new payer will receive an email with their login information and a temporary password. Once they log in, they will be instructed to create a new password.
E-Bill Account Setup Questions
Send all account maintenance or setup questions to email@example.com. If you have problems with your software or computer, however, please contact technical support or the manufacturer of your software or hardware.