The Office of Student Accounts is the centralized billing and collection point for student accounts.
The primary function of the Student Accounts office is to issue bills, receive payments and provide information to help understand the aspects of a Vanderbilt account. Student Accounts posts miscellaneous charges and credits by the department from which they originate.
All Vanderbilt University students will be required to acknowledge the terms and conditions of an online Student Account Agreement form when logging into the YES portal. Please note that the acceptance of these terms and conditions is mandatory, and will be required on an annual basis. Failure to agree to these terms will prevent access to the YES landing page. Once the terms have been accepted, a copy of the most recently accepted form will be available for viewing and printing within the YES portal. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
A separate stand-alone document exists in order to add a guarantor(s) to an individual student account. Click here to download a copy of the new Guarantor Authorization and Agreement form. Please note that this paper document will be required in order to disclose any financial information to anyone other than the student and existing guarantors.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
IMPORTANT DATES AND NEWS
- The quickest and most secure method of payment remains online via the Student Billing Portal. We understand that transaction fees are unfavorable; therefore, there is no fee for ACH/e-check payments. A transaction fee will be charged for all online debit and credit card transactions.
- Spring 2024 e-bills will be available on December 1, 2023 and due by December 31, 2023.
- Invoices are created at the beginning of each month
If other payers are not set up in the system, these individuals may not receive notification of balances due or have access to make payments in our system. Additional payers will also have the ability to enroll in the Vandy Plan, an interest-free monthly installment option available for enrollment beginning October 1st, 2023 for the Spring 2024 semester. To add an “Other Payer”, please follow the simple instructions on the Student E-Bill Information page.
- As a reminder, the Transact online payment system is down for maintenance at 6 p.m. CDT the last day of each month and will then reopen at 6 a.m.the next business day.
- 1098-T forms may be found on the Student Accounts link from the student's YES landing page. Form 1098-T reports amounts paid for qualified tuition and scholarships and grants processed in the tax year for students enrolled in courses at Vanderbilt University for which they receive academic credit. Vanderbilt does not issue a 1098-T form if the student is enrolled in not-for-credit courses. To prevent any delays or penalties with regards to your 1098-T, be sure you have a valid SSN on file with the university. For frequently asked 1098T questions click here.