System Access and Security
Access to Oracle Cloud is provided to members of the Vanderbilt community based on their roles and responsibilities.
Vanderbilt University Employees
Vanderbilt employees receive access to Oracle Cloud when their employment relationship becomes active, typically on or shortly after employment start date.
Employee activities in Oracle Cloud include, but are not limited viewing and updating personal information, reviewing payslips, submitting payroll tax documentation, requesting expense reimbursements and completing training activities.
Vanderbilt University Student Access
Enrolled students receive access to Oracle Cloud upon matriculation. Student access provides the ability to access and complete training activities.
Additional Access for Departmental Users
Additional access to Oracle Cloud is based on a user's roles and responsibilities in their area. All users are encouraged to discuss their job responsibilities with their Manager and Business Officer or other Business Unit/Entity Approver group member to identify any additional roles that are needed.
The Line Manager role provides access to view and manage their team, including approving time cards and/or time off requests.
This role is automatically provisioned to users who have been assigned one or more direct reports. Additional information for managers is available here.
The Departmental Shopper provides access to view the online aquiire® catalog and create orders via Oracle Procurement and then reassign the requisition to a Procurement Requester who can review the order and submit the requisition into workflow for review and approval.
This role may be self-requested in Oracle via these steps.
Other Departmental Roles
For all other Oracle Cloud departmental roles, a Business Officer or other Business Unit/Entity Approver group member must submit the appropriate access request directly to our team on the user's behalf.
How to Identify Your Business Unit/Entity Approver(s)
Your Directory page in Oracle Cloud provides information about you, your organization and your representatives, including transaction approvers.
To locate your representatives:
- Click here to open your page in the Directory (note: if you are not already logged in, click the blue Company Single Sign-On button to log in via your VUnetID); and
- Scroll down and expand the Representatives section to view that area's HCM Specialists and Business Unit/Entity Approvers.
You can also locate representatives for yourself and other team members using the following steps:
- Log into Oracle Cloud ;
- Navigate to the Directory within the Me section of Oracle Cloud;
- Search for another user to view their representatives or select My Public Info to view your own information; and then
- Scroll down and expand the Representatives section to view that area's Business Unit/Entity Approvers.