Use of the Facilities
Subject to approval and availability, these facilities may be used by members of the Vanderbilt community:
- Benton Chapel for weddings, Services of Holy Union, and memorial services
- Meeting/conference rooms in the Office of the University Chaplain and Religious Life building on campus for all student groups
- All Faith Chapel for meditation, weddings, Services of Holy Union, and other spiritual/religious events or observances.
OUCRL – Our Main Office
Office of the University Chaplain & Religious Life
401 24th Ave South, Nashville TN 37240
Office hours: M-F, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
The Office of the University Chaplain and Religious Life is located in the former chancellors mansion and former Community Partnership House. We are located behind the Branscomb dormitories on 24th Ave South. From the opposite direction, we are located behind the University Club.
There is a small lending library available to members of Vanderbilt’s campus community. The Fireside Lounge can accommodate meetings of large groups of people and be used for liesure, television viewing and movies. Our conference room has space for twenty or more and there is access to a flat screen television that accepts Power Point feed for presentations. Our entire building is Wi-Fi enabled.
If you would like to reserve one of our office spaces, please give us a call.
444 21st Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37203
Capacity: 330 on main floor, 110 in Balcony, 30 in choir area
Benton Chapel is part of the John Frederick Oberlin Divinity Quadrangle, built in 1959 and later named to commemorate the 1966 merger of Oberlin College Graduate School of Theology with Vanderbilt Divinity School. The Chapel itself is named for John Keith Benton, dean of the Divinity School from 1939 to 1956. Harvie Branscomb, chancellor from 1946 to 1963, and his wife, Margaret, are interred in the west wall.
Reservations for Benton Chapel are made through The Office of Reservations and Events.
All Faith Chapel
A intimate space with no religious icons. However, there are various ways to control the chapel’s lighting (as “light” is a common religious & spiritual theme).
Capacity: 60 people.
Located directly underneath Benton Chapel
- Ideal for smaller weddings, rehearsals, quiet reflection, and religious worship services, The Office of Reservations and Events reserves All Faith Chapel.
- Chairs should be returned to standard pew arrangement if modified during usage. Failure to do so may result in additional financial charges.
- Food and drink are not allowed in All Faith, with the exception of sacramental elements.
- Initiations and rituals restricted to members of private/closed groups are NOT permitted.
- Initiations and rituals open to the public may be permitted with approval from the Director of Religious Life.