Housing Amenities & Resources
All Summer Academic Internship Housing Program participants will reside in on-campus buildings designated specifically for the program. Located in the heart of Nashville, Vanderbilt University is just minutes from downtown Nashville. Our gorgeous 330-acre campus is a celebrated national arboretum and home to the Garden of Great Ideas, a permanent collection of sculptures that have been generously gifted to Vanderbilt by the Newington-Cropsey Foundation. We are a comprehensive research university, providing innovative programs, state-of-the-art facilities, award-winning dining services and a supportive environment for interdisciplinary inquiry. Vanderbilt’s Office of Conferences has the resources to help you achieve your goals and ensure a successful experience.
Minors on Campus Policy – No one under 18 years of age are allowed to participate in the Vanderbilt Summer Academic Intern Housing Program. Any guests who stay overnight with their summer academic intern housing participant must also be 18 years of age and older. For specific questions regarding this policy, please call 615-343-8699 or email us at email@example.com.
Our primary concern is to provide a clean, attractive and safe place to live while you are away from home. Vanderbilt’s residence halls are secured by automatically-locking exterior doors 24 hours a day. Exterior access is granted by magnetic access keycards and individual suite access is granted by traditional metallic keys, both of which are provided to participants at check-in.
For the Summer Academic Internship Housing Program, the Office of Conferences provides around the clock staff on duty availability.
Staff members are on duty around the clock. Participants need only call 615.343.8699 or visit the building’s reception desk for staff assistance resolving a problem.
Summer Academic Internship Housing Program participants will be housed in both traditional singles and rooms as well as single rooms in four – five-person suites in state-of-the-art residence halls. Intern Housing is located near many local eateries and other businesses. For more information, please click here. Parking is also available for the entire summer at a cost of $100.00 per vehicle in the designated garage only.
- On-site laundry facilities
- On-site parking
- Utilities (including water, electricity, and central air-conditioning)
- Custodial service in bathrooms and corridors
- Free high-speed wireless internet access
- Free university cable television service. You provide your own TV cable to plug in
- Maintenance service, including emergency maintenance services
- Carpeted corridors
- Vertical blinds
- Ceramic tile baths with tub/shower located down the hall or in your suite
- Clothes closets
Please be aware that Vanderbilt University is a smoke-free institution, and smoking is not allowed on campus premises, except in designated locations. A map of designated locations may be found here.
Resources located near Campus
Vanderbilt University offers the convenience of a cozy residential community, in close proximity to the amenities of a large city.
Nearby businesses or attractions within walking distance include:
- Piggly Wiggly grocery store
- Starbucks and independent coffee shops
- Several chain and local restaurants, including pizza shops, grills, delis, and pubs
- Mexican, Indian, Chinese and other international cuisines are also available nearby
- Tanning, hair, and nail salons
- Tailor, dry cleaners and package laundry services
- Vanderbilt Bookstores and independent bookstores
- CVS/Pharmacy with Minute Clinic, Rite-Aid
- FedEx/Kinko’s and UPS Stores
- Centennial Park, home of Tennessee’s 1897 Centennial Exposition
- Houses of Worship within walking distance
- Vanderbilt University and Children’s Hospitals
- Vehicle maintenance shops
- Several national banks and ATMs