Whether you want to get ahead, catch up, or learn something new, you can make the most of your summer in Nashville at Vanderbilt University. Enrich and accelerate your academic experience by enrolling in exciting courses, unrivaled in their range and appeal, providing a rich framework to develop your academic interests and understanding of the world.
- Select from an impressive range of courses and programs tailored to your needs and interests.
- Learn with Vanderbilt’s distinguished and accessible faculty.
- Study and make friends with students who aspire to be concert pianists, brain surgeons, corporate presidents, master teachers and chemical engineers.
- Enjoy the tranquil 330-acre campus which is a national arboretum, complete with paths that wind among magnificent magnolia trees.
- The number one response in student surveys as to why they attended Summer Sessions at Vanderbilt is "want to do something constructive this summer."
Summer life at Vanderbilt promises a wonderful opportunity for learning and much more. The tree-shaded, park-like campus invites relaxation, and a multitude of activities in the city compete for your attention. Most importantly, Summer Sessions at Vanderbilt is different, a perfect time to focus your interest on an individual subject, interact with your professors daily, and study intensively with your peers.
Vanderbilt students attend Summer Sessions to get ahead with credits toward graduation, to catch up on a rigorous subject, or to explore a topic that doesn’t fit in their regular academic year schedule. Undergraduates from other universities may also qualify and are encouraged to attend summer classes here. Students in good standing at an accredited institution of higher learning are invited to apply as a visiting/transient student through the Division of Unclassified Studies.