Join us for Commencement:
May 6, 7 and 8, 2015
Sign up for our
2015 Director's Letters
2015 Commencement Handbook
- Students must report to their procession lines on Alumni Lawn no later than 8:25am on Commencement Day. (8:15am if we are in Memorial Gym due to rain)
- Cap and gown pick up is in the Barnes & Noble at Vanderbilt on Wednesday and Thursday of Commencement week. (must pre-order online)
- Students receive their original diploma as they cross the stage as opposed to it being mailed after the ceremony.
- Only the Chancellor addresses the graduates on Commencement Day. Senior Day is reserved for our guest speaker. This day is all about the graduates!
- Vanderbilt does not award honorary degrees.
- You must complete all degree requirements to participate in the ceremony.
- Commencement happens once a year on the 2nd Friday in May.
- No tickets are need for Commencement Day. Only THE PARTY requires a ticket.
NEW FOR 2015: Make your own t-shirt at THE PARTY!
Pre-order your own commemorative t-shirt that you make yourself. Pick your shirt color, apply the screen print, slide it through the instant-dryer and your shirt is dry and ready to wear in less than 30 seconds! Adult and Youth sizes available. Click HERE to order.
2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
All ten schools process in simultaneously before degrees are conferred and the Chancellor's address. Strawberries and Champagne, a reception for the undergraduate class of 2015 hosted by the Chancellor, immediately follows the main ceremony.
9 a.m. - Noon