Click here to login to PEER.
PEER (Paperless Environment for Electronic Review) is a web portal maintained by Vanderbilt University which handles grant and contract submissions and monitoring. The information collected via PEER includes but is not limited to conflict of interest certifications, investigator Assurances for grant applications, grant re-budgets requests, sponsor prior approval requests, executed contracts, sub-recipient assurance.
See the PEER User Guide to learn how to get started with PEER. PEER can be used to:
- Create proposal log for grants, contracts, sub-contracts, billing statements in order to capture PI Assurance and COI certification, if necessary. Track review status of proposal.
- Request to submit Just In Time materials to sponsor
- Prior approval request
- Effort changes in COEUS
- No-cost extensions
- Revised face pages and/or revised budgets
- Re-budget request in order to purchase equipment
- Re-budget request for foreign travel
- Carry-forward of unobligated balances
- Request to add-on foreign subcontract
- Re-budget of funds > 25% of current budget
- Re-budget of funds for purchase of equipment exceeding sponsor guidelines
PEER can also be used by departments to:
- Authorization for SPA to submit applications to sponsor on behalf of PI
- Requests to bypass Coeus approvals
- Add new unit to Coeus
- Change user permission within a unit in Coeus
- Add a sponsor to Coeus
- Change the Home Unit for a person in Coeus
- Request Commons Account/User ID permissions
- Request FastLane Account/User ID permissions