How to Apply
Note that only faculty who are members of the graduate faculty and who have room for new students in their laboratories will accept new graduate students for the upcoming admission year. It is advised that prospectives contact directly the faculty in whose research they are interested to learn more about whether they may be admitting new students.
A completed application for admission includes the following:
- Completed Online Electronic Application
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are required for all applicants (Only admitted applicants will be instructed to submit official GRE scores as a condition of enrollment at Vanderbilt). Institution code is 1871; Department code is 2016. **Psychological Sciences is waiving the GRE requirement for applications submitted in Fall 2020.**
- GRE Subject Test scores are not required, but students who have taken a Subject Test should report their scores
- Application fee (waived only in circumstances of extreme need)
- Unofficial transcripts showing coursework and degree conferral (Only admitted applicants will be instructed to submit official and final transcripts as a condition of enrollment at Vanderbilt).
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: Recent graduates should have at least two letters of recommendation from college or university faculty with whom they have studied.
- Statement of Purpose / Research Statement that describes past research experience, interests for future research training in graduate school, and future plans following graduate school.
- TOEFL scores are required if you are an international applicant unless English is your first language or you have completed a degree at an American University
Get the Online Electronic Application.