Post Doctoral Fellow
Research Area: Cognition and Cognitive Neuroscience
I investigate how the brain monitors the outcome of our actions/decisions and uses this to improve our subsequent actions and decisions
- Sadeh M**, Sajad A**, Wang H, Yan X, Crawford JD. (2019). Timing determines tuning: a rapid spatial transformation in superior colliculus neurons during reactive gaze shifts. eNeuro; **Equal Contribution
- Bharmauria V, Sajad A, Li J, Yan X, Wang H, Crawford JD. (2019). Integration of eye-centered and landmark-centered codes in frontal eye field gaze responses. bioRxiv
- Sajad A, Godlove DC, Schall JD. (2019). Cortical microcircuitry of performance monitoring. Nature Neuroscience
- Sadeh M, Sajad A, Yan X, Wang H, Crawford JD. (2018). The influence of a memory delay on spatial coding in the superior colliculus: is visual always visual and motor always motor? Frontiers in Neural Circuits
- Sajad A, Godlove DC, & Schall JD. (2017). Microcircuitry of Performance Monitoring. bioRxiv, 187989.
- Li J, Sajad A, Marino R, Yan X, Sun S, Wang H, & Crawford JD. (2017). Effect of allocentric landmarks on primate gaze behavior in a cue conflict task. Journal of vision, 17(5), 1-18.
- Sajad A, Sadeh M, Yan X, Wang H, & Crawford JD. (2016). Transition from target to gaze coding in primate frontal eye field during memory delay and memory–motor transformation. eNeuro, 3(2), 1-20.
- Sadeh M, Sajad A, Wang H, Yan X, & Crawford JD. (2015). Spatial transformations between superior colliculus visual and motor response fields during head‐unrestrained gaze shifts. European Journal of Neuroscience, 42(11), 2934-2951.
- Sajad A, Sadeh M, Keith GP, Yan X, Wang H, & Crawford JD. (2015). Visual–motor transformations within frontal eye fields during head-unrestrained gaze shifts in the monkey. Cerebral Cortex, 25(10), 3932-3952.
- Wu K, Sajad A, Omar S & MacKay WA. (2009). The effect of high frequency radio waves on human brain activity: an EEG study. University of Toronto Journal of Undergraduate Life Sciences, 3(1), 50-52.
Featured Research in EurekAlert: ‘Team finds how error and reward signals are organized within the cerebral cortex’. (https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-01/vu-tfh010919.php). Jan 14, 2019
Radio Interview with CBC news (Marc Montgomery) – Radio Canada International. “Memory and motion, why we sometimes knock over the glass” (http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2016/04/21/57880/). 2016
Featured Research in York University News, YFile daily news: ‘Research out of York U creates new model for errors in visual response’. (http://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2016/04/19/research-out-of-york-u-creates-new-model-for-errors-in-visual-response/). 2016
- Fellowship Award, Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), 2019-2021
- PhD with distinction, 2016
- Provost dissertation award, 2015-2016
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology, 2013-2014
- Travel award, Gordon Research Conference for Eye Movements, 2013
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), 2011-2013