Vanpooling is a great way for commuters to share on gas costs, avoid wear and tear on personal vehicles, save money on parking and spend more time connecting with fellow Vanderbilt community members.
The MoveVU Commute Hub features a vanpool tool that allows you to:
- Register an existing vanpool
- Join a vanpool that matches your work schedule and commute route
- Join the vanpool interest list (if there is not currently a vanpool that fits with your work schedule and commute)
Ready to vanpool? There are a few next steps you can take:
- If you find 4 or more people through the vanpool interest list, you can reach out directly to a van provider to form your vanpool. Vanderbilt works with providers like VanStar and Commute with Enterprise.
- If you find 4 or more people through the vanpool interest and would like assistance navigating how to form your vanpool, contact us at email@example.com and we can help you through the process.
- If you only find 1, 2 or 3 potential Vanderbilt vanpoolers in your area, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and with your permission, we can connect you with a vanpool provider like VanStar or Commute with Enterprise to see if there are other people outside of Vanderbilt on their interest lists with whom you could form a vanpool.
The university currently provides free parking for VanStar vans; the vans can park in any non-reserved zone space and no special permit is required.