Travel Planning Resources and Forms
The safety and security of students, faculty, and staff are of primary concern to Vanderbilt University.
This page describes resources offered by Vanderbilt and the Global Education Office (GEO), and also recommends select external resources.
Key Vanderbilt Resources
Emergency and non-emergency contact information provided
When traveling to areas of significant health or safety concern
Information and an International Travel Questionnaire for anyone taking Vanderbilt-owned property, conducting research, or heading to embargoed or high security risk countries
Downloads and Travel Waivers
- Student International Travel Policy
- Safety and Security Checklist
- International Travel Liability Waiver – contact Global Safety for updated version.
- Domestic Travel Liability Waiver
US State Department Resources
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program. Ensure that you receive localized embassy communications and can be located by the US government in an emergency (US citizens only)
- Overseas Security Advisory Council. Private sector-governmental committee that provides security analysis of areas and events around the world.
- Travel.state.gov. Information and services for travelers, including travel risk ratings.
Other Governmental Resources
- US Centers for Disease Control. Health and disease information and recommendations by country.
- World Health Organization. Country-specific and topic-specific health information, as well as notices about disease outbreaks and health emergencies.
- Travel Safety Administration. Information on travel and security screenings.
Preparing for Safe and Healthy Travel Abroad
- List of World Emergency Numbers. Emergency phone numbers around the world. Be prepared by looking up the countries you plan to visit before you depart.
- Association for Safe International Road Travel. Information on minimizing road risks, one of the top causes of death for international travelers.