The links below will help guide you through the administrative processes required for hiring and appointing faculty. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
The new Faculty Offers process is here: A new process for submitting requests to make offers to faculty candidates has launched as of September 2019. September training sessions have concluded. More will be announced later Fall 2019.
TAKE THIS SURVEY to help us design and plan new or refresher trainings for either Interfolio product: Faculty Search and/or Review, Promotion and Tenure
Click here for faculty search process checklists for FY20. Please note: ALL faculty search positions MUST be posted in Interfolio Faculty Search (see below for more information).
FIS (Faculty Information System): Access to the Faculty Information System is limited and requires approval by your supervisor and the Office of Faculty Affairs. For access to the system, you must first complete the relevant security form, downloadable here.
Awarding Emeritus/Retired Faculty Status: Information on the benefits associated with Emeriti status, as well as the requirements and process for awarding Retired faculty status. Emeriti recommendations are accepted on a rolling basis from now until February 3, 2020. Emeriti recommendations require the approval of the Board of Trust or its Executive Committee.
INTERFOLIO | Getting Started
Vanderbilt University manages the faculty offer process, as well as the promotion and tenure process through an online secure system called Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure. In addition, the University uses Interfolio Faculty Search to administer faculty searches.
- To log in to either INTERFOLIO product, please use the Vanderbilt University Single Sign On link. Google Chrome is the recommended browser.
- All requests for access to Interfolio products must be submitted to Danielle Certa along with this completed FIS/Interfolio/Reporting Access Request Form
For questions relating to University policies and procedures:
Assistant Director of Faculty Appointments
Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA), Office of the Provost
For technical support with the Interfolio tools, first contact your school’s identified Interfolio Specialist
If your Interfolio Specialist cannot help you, please contact these representatives of the Academic Affairs Process and Solution Implementations (PSI) team:
INTERFOLIO | Training Materials
- Interfolio Webinars & Events
- Additional Vanderbilt Interfolio contacts, information, and selected help articles
- Interfolio Implementation Roles and Responsibilities
INTERFOLIO | Faculty Search Resources
- Interfolio Faculty Search Resources
- VIDEO: Interfolio Faculty Search
- Faculty Search Best Practices at Vanderbilt University (coming soon)
INTERFOLIO | Review, Promotion & Tenure Resources and Checklists
- Quick Tips on Facilitating a Review, Promotion and Tenure Case in Interfolio
- Guide to Promotion and Tenure at Vanderbilt
- Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure Resources
- Deadlines for Promotion and Tenure
- Tenure Dossier Checklist
- Promotion Dossier Checklist
- 2019-2020 Promotion and Tenure Review Committee Composition
- Best Practices for Requesting External Letters for Tenure and Promotion Cases