The links below will help guide you through the administrative processes required for hiring and appointing faculty. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
COMING SEPTEMBER 2019
NEW FACULTY OFFERS PROCESS
REGISTER FOR TRAINING
REGISTER HERE for training on the new Faculty Offers process: A new process for submitting requests to make offers to faculty candidates is launching in September of 2019. Please register to attend a training session.
TAKE THIS SURVEY to help us design and plan new or refresher trainings for either Interfolio product: Faculty Search and/or Review, Promotion and Tenure
Click here for faculty search process checklists for FY20. Please note: ALL faculty search positions MUST be posted in Interfolio Faculty Search.
FIS (Faculty Information System): Access to the Faculty Information System is limited and requires approval by your supervisor and the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs. For access to the system, you must first complete the relevant security form, downloadable here.
Awarding Emeritus/Retired Faculty Status: Guidance on the requirements and processes associated with awarding Emeritus or Retired faculty status.
INTERFOLIO | Getting Started
Vanderbilt University manages the promotion and tenure process through an online secure system called Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure. In addition, the University uses Interfolio Faculty Search to administer faculty searches.
For questions relating to University policies and procedures:
Assistant Director of Faculty Appointments
Faculty Affairs (OFA), Office of the Provost
For technical support with the Interfolio tools:
First contact your school’s identified Interfolio Specialist
If your Interfolio Specialist cannot help you, please contact these representatives of the Academic Affairs Process and Solution Implementations (PSI) team:
INTERFOLIO | Training Materials
- Interfolio Webinars & Events
- Additional Vanderbilt Interfolio contacts, information, and selected help articles
- Interfolio Implementation Roles and Responsibilities
INTERFOLIO | Faculty Search Resources
- Interfolio Faculty Search Resources
- VIDEO: Interfolio Faculty Search
- Faculty Search Best Practices at Vanderbilt University (coming soon)
INTERFOLIO | Review, Promotion & Tenure Resources and Checklists
- Quick Tips on Facilitating a Review, Promotion and Tenure Case in Interfolio
- Guide to Promotion and Tenure at Vanderbilt (coming soon)
- Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure Resources
- Deadlines for Promotion and Tenure
- Tenure Dossier Checklist
- Promotion Dossier Checklist
- 2018-19 Promotion and Tenure Review Committee Composition (VUNetID required)
- Best Practices for Requesting External Letters for Tenure and Promotion Cases