505 Wilson Hall
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1991.
- Psy352: Clinical Seminar: Culture and Mental Illness
- Psy352: Clnical Seminar: Cognitive Neuropsychiatry
Will not be accepting new graduate students for Fall 2016
Gertrude Conaway Professor of Psychology
Professor of Psychiatry
Professor of Medicine, Health and Society
Research programs in Park's lab focus on understanding neurobiological bases of psychoses. We use diverse methods and techniques including cognitive tasks, functional MRI, structural MRI, diffusion tensor imaging, near-infrared optical imaging and hormonal assays to understand the complex relationship between behavior, brain structure and function. Current projects in the lab focus on elucidating cognitive-perceptual and affective functions in schizophrenia, neurobiological underpinnings of creativity, effects of cannabis on attention and emotion and sex differences.
Learn about about current research in the Park Lab.
- Thakkar KN, Park S (2010) Empathy, schizotypy and visuo-spatial transformations. Cognitive Neuropsychiatry
- Park S, Thakkar KN (2010) "Splitting of the mind" revisited: recent neuroimaging evidence for functional dysconnection in schizophrenia and its relationship to symptoms. American Journal of Psychiatry, 167: 366-368
- Folley BS, Park S (2010) Food preference and hedonic judgment in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Research, 175, (1-2) 33-37
- Thakkar KN, Brugger P, Park S (2009) Exploring empathic space: correlates of perspective transformation ability and biases in spatial attention. PLoS One 4(6): e5864
- Gibson C, Folley BS, Park S (2009) Enhanced divergent thinking and creativity in musicians; a behavioral and near-infrared spectroscopy study. Brain and Cognition. 69,162 - 169.
- Park S, Matthews NL, Gibson C (2008) Imitation, simulation and schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin 34 (4) 698-707
- Lee J, Folley BS, Gore JC, Park S (2008) Origins of spatial working memory deficit in schizophrenia: an event-related fMRI and near-Infrared spectroscopy study. PLoS One, 3(3): e1760.
- Tadin D, Kim J, Doop ML, Gibson C, Blake R, Lappin JS, Park S (2006) Weakened center-surround interactions in visual motion processing in schizophrenia. Journal of Neuroscience. 26, 11403-11412.
- Lee J, Park S (2005) Working memory impairments in schizophrenia: A meta-analysis. Journal of Abnormal Psychology 114(4), 599-611.
- Folley BS, Park S (2005) Verbal creativity and schizotypal personality in relation to prefrontal hemispheric laterality: A behavioral and near-infrared optical imaging study. Schizophrenia Research, 80 (2-3), 271-282