To be effective stewards of the earth and realize the world's energy needs, we must learn how the many aspects of the energy-environment challenges interact to educate students who embrace this knowledge. To achieve this objective, Vanderbilt currently promotes several graduate degrees and is in the midst of helping develop additional programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- MS and PhD in Environmental Science
- MS and PhD in Environmental Engineering
- MBA with Environmental Emphasis
A unifying element of these programs is the offering of a capstone course available to all students pursing the above degrees. The capstone course will emphasize the importance of each discipline and demonstrate how they come together to support problem-solving in the fields of energy and the environment. Plans also are underway to develop a seminar in which presentations are made on critical and timely energy and environmental topics.
- BA in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- BS in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering focus
- Minor in Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- BA in Environmental Sociology
- BA in Climate Studies (forthcoming)