Demi Washington-Women’s Basketball

Posted by on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Demi Washington
Women’s Basketball
Psychology

I chose Vanderbilt because of the institutions academic rigor, and the opportunity to compete in the SEC, which is arguably the most competitive conference in the nation.

My career goals include getting my LPC after graduating and becoming a licensed therapist.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt takes focus, prioritization, and determination.

As a student athlete I manage my demanding schedule by staying present on the tasks at hand. I make to-do lists and I rely on my support system.

Before I take a test I look over my notes one more time, say a prayer, and then put my pen to the paper.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

My unsung heroes in my academic success are my siblings. My older brother is an alum of the University of Miami and my sister is an incoming freshman at Georgetown University, and I can always rely on them to proofread my papers or explain a subject matter that they’re knowledgeable about. They are my best friends and the smartest people I know.

Favorite quote?

My favorite quote is, “As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.”