Tate Kolwyck-Baseball

Posted by on Thursday, January 13, 2022 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Tate Kolwyck
Baseball
Human & Organizational Development

It has always been my dream school. I knew it was my dream school to play baseball but I also knew the development and growth that I could make as a human by attending Vanderbilt.

I want to own my own gym and have a positive impact on the fitness industry. Give people a place to workout and grow a community inside of that place. By doing this, I can help others really hone in on their passion and allow them to work on themselves. 

I think the biggest thing is time management and scheduling your work out before it starts. That is what has helped me the most.

Like I mentioned above, sitting down and scheduling out my week has helped me the most. Taking the time on a Sunday night to see what all I need to get done throughout the week is what allowed me to be free. It took me a while to learn this.

I don’t have any crazy rituals but I like to get a good night’s sleep before taking a test just so I know I can be alert in the morning.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

Sara Sanders is one of the main reasons for my academic success because she was always there supporting me and believing in me through the good and the bad. She has helped me learn how to plan my days for classes and what true work ethic looks like.

Favorite quote?

“Vincit qui se vincit” “He conquers who conquers himself”