Samantha Gainor-Bowling

Posted by on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Samantha Gainor
Bowling
Economics

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because they have a great bowling program and great academics. I wouldn’t get that anywhere else. I also loved all of the people I met on my visit here which made the decision easy!

I will be attending the Masters of Marketing program next fall at Vanderbilt and my plans following graduation are undecided at this time.

To be academically successful here, you need to believe in yourself and work hard.

I manage my schedule by writing everything down in a planner and managing my time.

A good night’s┬ásleep and a good meal before the test.

Who do you consider to be an unsung hero in your academic success at Vanderbilt? And Why?

My unsung hero is Candice Johnson. She was my previous Student Services Coordinator. She believed in me even when I didn’t and pushed me to be better than I ever thought I could. Without her going above and beyond I would not have been as successful here.

Favorite quote?

“There may be people who have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do – and I believe that.” – Derek Jeter