Jamauri Wakefield-Football

Posted by on Wednesday, October 7, 2020 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Jamauri Wakefield
Football
Graduate Student
Master Program: Marketing

I chose to attend Vanderbilt because I wanted to compete in the SEC against some of the best football talent and similarly leverage Vanderbilt’s prestigious degree and network after achieving my goal of playing football in the NFL.

My career goals are to play five years in the NFL and then leverage my degree and network in an industry both lucrative and compatible with the lifestyle I desire to live. I intend to enter the industries associated with, but not limited to, marketing and consulting after playing in the NFL.

In order to be academically successful at Vanderbilt, it takes an incredible amount of time, organization, and mental toughness. It is essential to establish a team of people with your best interests to help guide, encourage, and assist you in all facets of your educational career.

I manage my schedule by attempting to focus exclusively on those things that will help me get to where I want to be. Time management, prioritization, and a network of friends to remind you of your responsibilities are essential.

Before taking a test, I study the material, quiz myself, and then attempt to ask and answer the questions without looking at the questions.

Favorite quote?

“Ambition is priceless.” – Unknown

“Courage is knowing what not to fear.” – Plato