Allan George-Football

Posted by on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Allan George
Football
Major: Medicine, Health & Society

I chose to come to Vanderbilt to better my future, my present family’s future, and my future family’s future. It was the best plan for me to succeed in all areas of life.

My career goals are to get drafted to the NFL & then spend my years building a firm in the healthcare administration business realm with my girlfriend and close friends.

To be academically successful at Vanderbilt takes a lot of perseverance and reality checks. My climb to where I am now would not have happened had I given up early in the fight, and if I didn’t look myself in the mirror to reveal who I actually am.

I manage my demanding schedule alongside my girlfriend. She helps to keep me accountable 24:7 so there is never a break where I am allowing myself to skip out on what the end goal is. I’m very appreciative.

I always write a verse from the book of Psalms on the bottom of my test before I turn it in.

Favorite quote?

My favorite quote is by Tom Robbins. It reads “I believe in nothing, everything is sacred. I believe in everything, nothing is sacred.” It helps me stay open-minded.