Christina Rosca-Women’s Tennis

Posted by on Tuesday, April 7, 2020 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Christina Rosca
Women’s Tennis
Major: Neuroscience

I chose Vanderbilt because it was the perfect combination of academics and athletics for my goals. Attending an amazing academic institution was very important to me, as well as being a part of one of the top tennis programs in the nation.

My short term career goal is to try and play professionally after I graduate. My long term goal is to attend medical school, which is what I plan to do after my tennis career is finished.

Vanderbilt has some of the toughest academic standards in the country. In order to be successful, a student needs to time manage really well in order to allocate enough study time to keep up with the workload. Also, finding a space that is quiet and has no distractions is really important in being efficient in the time set aside for studying.

Personally, I manage my demanding schedule by not committing to participating in too many extracurricular activities. My personal philosophy throughout college was to pick only a few things to do, and to just focus on doing those few things to the absolute best of my abilities.

Before taking a test, usually 3/4 hours before I’ll go over my notes, and any practice tests I have access to. I’ll also usually write down really important points, or information I don’t remember quite well yet.  Writing my notes out in different ways again and again really helps me recall the information better during the exam.

Favorite quote?

“…whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done with love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh