Paige Hamilton-Swimming

Posted by on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Paige Hamilton
Swimming
Major: Cognitive Studies

It was important to me while making my college decision that I felt like I had a home at my school and with my team.  From the first time I stepped on campus, I knew that Vanderbilt Athletics was dedicated to helping me grow as a whole person not only in my sport, but also in my academics and beyond.

After graduating, I will be pursuing a master’s of education degree at Notre Dame through the ACE Teaching Fellowship. Eventually, I hope to continue my work with students as a school psychologist.

It has been extremely helpful for me to take time to learn the times, places, and spaces on campus where I study the best.  I have found that this has allowed me to focus better and manage my time well for school work. In addition, knowing when to ask questions of professors is extremely helpful for clarifying information and forming relationships with mentors.

Planners:  I keep three agendas that are color-coded for classes, assignments, practices, and meetings.  They help me visualize my schedule so I can budget my time efficiently.   

I try not to do any last-minute studying once I walk into a testing room.  Once I sit down, I know I am as prepared as I am going to be. I usually have a piece of minty gum and say a short prayer before I get the exam.  Once I have it, I flip through the whole thing before I start writing.

“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.” ~ Saint Catherine of Siena