Jason Vincze-Men’s Cross Country

Posted by on Monday, October 1, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Jason Vincze
Men’s Cross Country
Major: Economics

I wanted to get out of Texas and see a little bit more of the world. It worked out that I could participate in athletics and also challenge myself academically.

My hope is to pursue both an MBA and a PhD, hoping to spend meaningful time both in industry and academia.

Academic success requires efficiency. Once you can figure out how to waste time effectively, you can start to maximize your output.

Everyone is busy, everyone’s schedule is demanding. The trick is finding opportunities and activities that excite you and energize you, not drain you. I’ve spent the last 3+ years figuring out those things that excite me and thus approach every day with optimism.

Two buttermilk Eggos, lightly toasted. Generous application of margarine over the top surface of both waffles. These are then stacked, at which point the square indents of the top waffle are filled with a light (but not maple) syrup. Guaranteed success on any examination.

“Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard