Courtney Zeng-Women’s Golf

Posted by on Thursday, June 7, 2018 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Courtney Zeng
Women’s Golf
Major: Human & Organizational Development

Vanderbilt has an incredible sense of balance that I did not feel on other campuses. Not only do we compete in one of the most cutthroat conferences in the country, our academic resources and challenging academic environment are unmatched. There is a special kind of vibrancy and liveliness that you feel when you walk the hallways on a busy day. Vanderbilt also does a phenomenal job incorporating the student-athletes within the whole community. This balance has really allowed me to discover new passions as well as meet people from diverse backgrounds.

I am currently interning with BCG Digital Ventures in Manhattan Beach, CA which focuses on the bridge between venture capital and digital consulting. I’d love to further explore this path down the road because you meet the most brilliant minds with a passion to disrupt current industries. It makes every day unpredictable and exciting. I am also planning on grad school in the next 5-7 years.

Understanding your strengths and weaknesses in the classroom and while studying really helped me recognize where I should prioritize my time. Making an effort to know what all your resources are can also allow you to use them to your full advantage. Building relationships with my professors and classmates have also allowed me to expand my point of view and appreciate the importance of learning in new ways.

Managing a demanding schedule all depends on prioritization. When it comes down to it, few things ACTUALLY matter. Understanding what your intent is, and how much you want to accomplish will help you divide your time. Planning out my day through my calendar has also helped take my organization to the next level.

I’m always doing something different before every test, but I almost always celebrate with Jeni’s Ice Cream after 🙂

“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” – Dalai Lama