Alexandra Farnsworth-Women’s Golf

Posted by on Monday, July 3, 2017 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Alexandra Farnsworth
Women’s Golf
Major: Economics

I knew Vanderbilt was the perfect school for me because of the combination of amazing academics and athletics. I completely fell in love with the amazing golf facilities and coaches. I will always call Nashville home and love it as a city.

I definitely want to pursue golf after college, but a major reason I chose Vanderbilt was to have a great academic backup for life after golf ends. After golf, I would love to use both my Econ major and Spanish minor to find a job in international business or stay in sports.

Time management! My first semester at Vanderbilt was a complete shock to me when it came to managing the combination of our rigorous golf and academic schedules while still getting a management amount of sleep.  Many people say learning the hard way is the only way you can truly learn, and that was completely the case for me my first semester at school.

Managing my schedule was extremely difficult for me coming into college. After living off of nearly no sleep for an entire semester, I realized that sleep is a major necessity to be able to live a productive and enjoyable life. I really made sure to create a list of priorities, like school and golf, and made sure to put those first in my daily routine. After I was finished, the majority of the time I still had to do the things I wanted to do but were not necessarily things that had to be done.

Dress well, test well! But actually, I make sure to get a good night’s sleep, a very large coffee with a slight cramming session in the morning, and, most importantly, pray!

“The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” – Anonymous