Nikos Gkotsis-Men’s Cross Country

Posted by on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Nikos Gkotsis
Men’s Cross Country
Major: Mechanical Engineering

I did not have the opportunity to visit Vanderbilt before attending, but the academic level  and the city of Nashville made Vanderbilt a great school.

After Vanderbilt, I will attend graduate school, and then I want to work in the industry and design medical devices for treatment and surgical operations.

Academic success requires good time management during the day, and making sure that you keep up with the class material and not wait before the tests to learn new concepts.

At the beginning of every week I write down the tasks I need to accomplish by the end of it, and then take things day by day while making time for them to happen. I need to be efficient with the time outside class, since practice is a big part of most mornings and late afternoons.

For most tests, I study the day before, even though this is not advised. For me it is easier to concentrate on one thing at a time and then move to the next, so the day before a test I just go over the material again and again to refresh my memory until I feel comfortable enough.

“The things that did not happen are the things that we did not desire strongly enough.” – N. Kazantzakis