Erin Myers-Soccer

Posted by on Tuesday, September 1, 2015 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Erin Myers
Soccer
Major: Interdisciplinary: Managerial Finance and Marketing

I knew that I wanted to play soccer in one of the strongest, most competitive athletic conferences, while earning a quality education. When narrowing down the list of schools and visiting many, Vanderbilt rose to the top of my list as the SEC is a great conference and Vanderbilt is consistently ranked among the top academic institutions in the country. Once I arrived on campus for a visit, the final decision was an easy one!

In the coming years I am hoping to find a career that I can blend analytical and creative skills within a dynamic environment. Soccer has always been my first passion, so I am excited about the opportunity to explore others, hopefully within brand strategy, design, and marketing consulting.

Disciplined time management!

Planning ahead has been really key for me and sticking to routine.

The day of a test I like to wake up and make sure I get a good breakfast and some time to myself in Rand. After I eat, I break out the study guide I prepared and reread it one last time for specific points or things I want fresh in my mind before walking to class. Then, once I sit down to take the test, I have to take off the hair-elastics/bracelets on my right wrist…I’m not sure when this started, but now I do it every time.

“Tomorrow you will wish you had started today.” -Nike