Morgan Batey-Women’s Basketball

Posted by on Monday, March 2, 2015 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Morgan Batey
Women’s Basketball
Junior
Major: Medicine, Health and Society

I chose to attend Vandy because I knew I was going to get the best of both worlds. Vanderbilt is a top 20 academic institution and is also known for its athletics, especially being a member in the SEC.

One day I hope to become a doctor, but I could also see myself pursuing a career in global health.

It takes discipline, time management, and perseverance. I love Vanderbilt because it challenges me academically. Sometimes you may not get the results you want, but that doesn’t mean you give up, it just means you make adjustments and try to do better the next time.

Time management is crucial to managing my schedule. I like to set deadlines before a due date for when I need to have assignments completed. This helps me stay focused and gives me time to make things up if I fall a little behind.

I don’t really have a ritual. The main thing for me is that I eat a really good breakfast the day of a test.

“There is no such thing as a life that’s better than yours.  Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.”  -Anonymous