Rebeca Reguero-Bowling

Posted by on Monday, December 1, 2014 in Student-Athletes of the Month.

Rebeca Reguero
Bowling
Major: Engineering Science

I chose to attend  Vanderbilt because of the top-notch education and the opportunity to bowl for a well-known and successful program.

I would like to go into Project Management in the healthcare industry and eventually transition into general management.

At Vanderbilt, it takes dedication, perseverance, and the proper mind set to be academically successful.  No matter what your field of study, there will be challenges in the academic realm and it will require the want to be successful and the dedication and perseverance to do so.  There are plenty of resources to help you along the way, but you have to be willing to use them to the fullest extent.

I manage my demanding schedule by prioritizing what needs to be done.  I am a student above anything else, so my academic demands come first.  I utilize my planner to remember all of the academic tasks I have coming up as well as keep track of when I have practices and workouts with the team.  For me, scheduling and visually seeing what I have coming up any given week allows me to successfully manage heavy work loads.  I also find it helpful to list what I will accomplish each day when I have a particularly busy week.

Before an exam, I actually review and summarize my notes to begin my studying.  From there, I re-work any problem or homework assignments and spend the rest of my time reading my notes, selected materials from the class, and working to the point where I can recite the important information.  If I have people in that class that I trust to study with, I will have a joint study session with them to make sure we all understand the material.

“Believe like there’s endless possibilities.”  -Anonymous