As the chief academic officer for Vanderbilt University, the provost has broad responsibility over academic, student and faculty affairs, and manages the development and implementation of academic policies and procedures.
Specifically, the following areas fall within the provost domain:
- Academic Affairs
- Admissions and Enrollment Management
- Faculty Affairs
- Learning and Residential Experiences
- Research Support
- Student Services
The Office of the Provost works closely with the chancellor and other vice chancellors to fulfill the university's mission.
- We embrace the benefits of broad-based liberal education within a highly active research environment
- We promote values of scholarship, leadership, and collegiality in the pursuit of excellence in discovery and learning, and service within an engaged living-learning campus community
- We educate the whole student to prepare each to be active citizens that engage, question and forge positive change in our world
- We are committed to fostering an inclusive and safe environment that embraces diversity and diverse perspectives
- We are One Vanderbilt, a uniquely synergistic collection of 10 colleges and schools on a geographically central university campus