1101 19th Avenue
Located on the corner of 19th Avenue and Scarritt Place, the 15,000 square foot 1101 19th Avenue building is home to the new Digital Commons and Faculty Commons and is designed as a welcoming place for faculty development.
The Digital Commons, a physical space for trans-institutional digital technicians who enable faculty innovation and creativity, have collaborative, dedicated work space for various groups. The new digital commons includes a green room studio, media classroom and editing room on the lower level of the building. Meanwhile, a high-tech open lab and seminar room for the Center for Digital Humanities is situated on the first floor.
The Faculty Commons is designed to encourage faculty development and engagement through trans-institutional initiatives and activities. The space can host faculty development workshops, formal celebrations and casual gatherings. Event spaces are prioritized for faculty events and Faculty Senate meetings. The Faculty Senate has a dedicated office on the second floor.
The 64-year old architecturally noteworthy building was purchased by the university in 2015 and previously housed archival materials of the Disciples of Christ Historical Society.