Grounds Maintenance and Snow/Ice Removal
Director: Matthew Buckley
Grounds Assistant Manager / Sports Turf and Facilities: Tyler Morris
Horticulture Specialist: Laura Barker
Grounds maintenance services are responsible for maintaining 336 acres of landscape and hardscape across the university campus, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, and the university’s real estate properties managed through the Vanderbilt University Real Estate office.
- General Grounds Maintenance
- Turf Maintenance and Management as well as game-day preparation
- Irrigation system operations and maintenance
- Tree Maintenance, including the planting of new trees and removal of dead trees
- Parking Lot and Street Sweeping
- Hardscape maintenance and repair
- Routine trash/litter policing
- Snow and Ice Removal
- Events Support including trash/litter policing services
- Landscape composting
- Horticultural Care: Maintains campus annual and perennials flower beds decorative plantings and ornamental beds proper maintenance of shrubs flowers young trees and groundcovers
If you have a grounds maintenance concern or question, please fill out a facilities service request or contact Building Systems Control (BSC) at 615-322-2621.
For non-emergency requests please submit via ReADY.
Snow and Ice Removal
During the winter season, Plant Operations is responsible for snow and ice removal from all campus pedestrian walkways, handicapped ramps, patios and interior campus roads. Our primary emphasis is to maintain our walkways and primary driving routes to the safest possible conditions. Snow and ice removal operations are conducted in accordance with the guidelines of the Plant Operations Snow and Ice Removal Plan.
Click here to view the Snow and Ice Removal Map