Funding Your Immersion Plan
Our goal is to maximize the number of awards Vanderbilt can provide to students.
Preference will be given to students who do not have other funding options available to assist with Immersion projects. These funding options include but are not limited to:
- Anne Potter Wilson Summer Awards
- Carell Scholars stipend
- Chancellor’s Scholarship stipend
- Clark Scholars Program
- Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship stipend
- Fleischer Undergraduate Research stipend
- Global Summer Fellows Scholarship Program
- Littlejohn Fellows
- Nichols Humanitarian Fund
- Peabody Honors Scholars Summer Experience
- SyBBURE Undergraduate Research Program
- Vanderbilt School of Engineering Summer Research Program
- Vanderbilt Summer Research Program (VUSRP)
- Wond’ry Innovation Garage
- Wond’ry Post-Flight Program
For Cornelius Vanderbilt, Chancellor’s and other scholarship recipients whose scholarship award contains a stipend: The funds may be used to help fund a summer study abroad experience or other approved activities. The stipend can be used to fund the required Immersion project if the scholar so chooses. If the scholar applies for assistance through another summer program and receives funding of greater value, the scholar can receive up to the difference of the scholarship stipend and the maximum amount of the other award. For example, if the Global Summer Fellows award is $8,500 and the stipend is $5,000, the scholar would receive the $5,000 stipend plus $3,500 in the Global Summer Fellows award.
If the student is eligible to receive assistance through multiple sources of funding, the student may receive combined awards that total the amount of the highest award. For example, if the maximum Global Summers Fellows Award is $8,500 and the other award is $5,000, the scholar would receive the other award of $5,000 plus $3,500 in the Global Summer Fellows award. Students may receive funding over multiple semesters, but the maximum amount a student may receive is still the amount of the highest award for which the student qualifies.