April 7, 2021 – Postdoc Return to Campus Update
COVID-19 public dashboard update
The COVID-19 asymptomatic positive rate for the week of March 28-April 3 is 0.48 percent, an increase from the previous week. As we approach the end of the academic year, it remains as important as ever to follow campus protocols and act responsibly as the pandemic continues.
Safety reminders as warmer weather returns
We want to remind you that our campus sits in the middle of metropolitan Nashville and not all areas of the city are as safe as the Vanderbilt campus. VUPS will be increasing patrols in and around the 21st Avenue corridor area. Please remain vigilant when traveling on and off campus:
- Scan the area before you exit or approach your vehicle or building and while you travel between sites.
- Stay alert and trust your instincts—if you feel uneasy, leave. Go to a safe location and notify the police.
- Avoid isolated or dark areas.
- If strangers approach you, maintain a distance and be observant. If they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number.
- Avoid walking alone at night.
The VandySafe app has several tools to help—download and review the resources and services available to you.
Working group to explore changes to COVID-19 safety protocols for summer, fall 2021
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente and Vice Chancellor Eric Kopstain have announced the launch of a new working group to review the university’s current COVID-19 protocols in light of changing CDC guidelines. The group will make recommendations on any potential updates for the summer and fall 2021 semesters. Read more about the working group in this MyVU story.