Employee Critical Support Fund
The Employee Critical Support Fund, previously called the Employee Hardship Fund, was established in 1994 to financially assist Vanderbilt faculty and staff who are experiencing a non-recurring sudden or emergency-related financial hardship due to an unforeseen or unavoidable event. The fund was renamed to better convey its purpose – to give employees peace of mind in a time of uncertainty and demonstrate the power and values of the Vanderbilt community. An award is intended to be a major step for the employee in the return to financial stability. The Employee Critical Support Fund program is not designed to address ongoing financial challenges and is not a loan that requires the funds to be reimbursed. The program is administered through the Office of Health & Wellness.
- Employee must hold a regular full-time position at Vanderbilt University (temporary, part-time or term positions are not eligible).
- Employee must be employed at Vanderbilt for one full year to be eligible for the fund.
- Employee on leave for family and/or medical reasons will be assessed on an individual basis.
HOW TO APPLY
The Office of Health and Wellness now manages the expanded Employee Critical Support Fund.
Employees who need assistance related to Reproductive Health and Parenting should contact Hannah Proctor.
Applications for expenses will be reviewed and approved by Vanderbilt University Employee Critical Support Fund Committee. The committee may request further information before the application can be approved or denied. Individuals will be informed of a decision, along with follow-up instructions.
HOW TO DONATE TO THE EMPLOYEE CRITICAL SUPPORT FUND
The Kroger Community Rewards program is a simple way to contribute to the Employee Critical Support Fund through grocery purchases. After Kroger customers designate Vanderbilt’s Employee Critical Support Fund, Kroger directs contributions to it through its rewards program at no cost to the customer. Take the following steps to contribute through Kroger Community Rewards:
(1) Log into your account at www.kroger.com
(2) Once you’re signed in, go to the top right corner and click your name. Select “My Account.”
(3) On the left-hand side, select “Preferences.”
(4) Select your home store. Once the store is selected, scroll to the bottom of the page (left-hand side) and select Kroger Community Rewards located under the Community heading.
(5) Scroll to #2 and select the second option “search for your organization here”. Select “enroll” and type in the name of the organization or the organization number (Vanderbilt Employee Critical Support Fund or KR662). Hit the enroll button
If you are already enrolled in the program prior to November 2022, your giving contributions are directed to the current VUMC fund. Take the above steps to contribute to the new university fund.
The Amazon Smile program donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon purchases. Take the following steps to contribute through Amazon Smile:
(1) Go to Amazon Smile to shop as you normally would through Amazon.
(2) Scroll down and click on “Get started.”
(3) Sign in using your Amazon email address and password.
(4) Enter the charity name – Vanderbilt University. Select “Vanderbilt University.”
Going forward, shop using Amazon Smile.
If you have questions about the Employee Critical Support Fund, please email Wellbeing@vanderbilt.edu.