Feb. 3, 2021- Graduate and professional student Return to Campus Update
COVID-19 testing app now available
The free Safer Community app is now available for download. While it is not required, we recommend using it for a quicker check-in process.
- It will expedite testing center check-in and viewing of test results.
- Use your Vanderbilt email address when registering. You will be guided to the university’s single sign-on as a part of the registration process.
Learn more on the Safer Community app resource page.
Parking for Testing Center available
Individuals with campus permits can park in Parking Lot 27 (between the Currey Tennis Center and the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center), the 25th Avenue Garage or the West Garage.
Individuals who do not have campus permits can park in Parking Lot 27.
- The lot has been designated as no ticket/no tow for those parking for testing.
- Individuals can use the lot for up to 30 minutes while being tested.
- Individuals can also park in the designated visitor parking area in the 25th Avenue Garage or other visitor areas.
COVID-19 public dashboard launches today
The spring COVID-19 public dashboard has launched and includes the results of our arrival testing program from Jan. 10 to Jan. 30, 2021.
- Dashboard will be updated every Wednesday.
- Each week’s numbers will include tests and results from Sunday to Saturday of the previous week.
Tents to open at full capacity beginning Thursday
In response to student and faculty feedback, the three large tents on campus have been replaced with five tents that are smaller in size, heated and lighted with several electrical outlets and Wi-Fi access.
- Tents will open at full capacity beginning Thursday, Feb. 4.
- More information can be found on the Return to Campus website.
Recreation center will open with limited hours Feb. 7
The David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center is scheduled to reopen Feb. 7. Though it will reopen in phases and the hours will be limited, we know this resource has been missed by students. We look forward to welcoming you back to it.
- Read more about the protocols for using the center.
Tennis Center remains closed
The Tennis Center will remain closed until warmer weather returns consistently. Visit the Vandy Tennis website to view updates.
WATCH: Safely socializing with your friends
Other News and Updates
-The Return to Campus Team