Program Budget Sheets
University College London (CIEE)
Budget Sheet for Fall 2019
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $38,097
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $36,574
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $1,523 more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$30,837|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$7,260|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: CIEE educational costs are covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The Vanderbilt program fee covers CIEE's charges for housing (no meals), CIEE health insurance, and CIEE participation confirmation & application fees. The administrative fee covers Vanderbilt's mandatory international health insurance. Vanderbilt's Program Fee is subject to change and will always reflect the actual amount charged to us by our partners. This may result in additional credits or charges to your student account after the amount shown is billed. Please see the partner's currently published fees to check on the fees charged by the partner (start here). Be aware that a number of programs are more expensive in the spring than the fall due to differences in the length of the term.
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- Students attending this program in the fall will receive up to a $1000 travel scholarship from CIEE. Students receiving the Pell grant may be eligible for up to $2500 total scholarship.
- The academic calendar for this program is longer in the spring than the fall. Expect costs to be higher in the spring.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- Students planning to engage in certain activities (e.g., an internship) will require a Tier IV visa (approximate cost $500).
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus activity/rec fee and personal costs estimate, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually.
This program is estimated to cost more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.