Program Budget Sheets
IES Vienna: Non-Music
Budget Sheet for Fall 2022
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $40,665
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $42,196
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $1,531 less than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$33,705|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$6,960|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: IES tuition fees are covered covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The Vanderbilt program fee covers IES's charges for housing (no meals) and international health insurance. Note that some housing or meal plan options may carry additional fees. The administrative fee covers Vanderbilt's mandatory international health insurance. Vanderbilt's Program Fee is subject to change and will always reflect the actual amount charged to us by our partners. This may result in additional credits or charges to your student account after the amount shown is billed. Please see the partner's currently published fees to check on the fees charged by the partner (start here).
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- Students attending this program in the fall will receive up to a $1000 scholarship from IES. Final amount will depend on the number of enrollments.
- Some housing/meal plan options may carry additional fees; see IES for a full description of options. Any supplemental housing fees will be billed to you directly by IES; please consult with IES for details
- The estimate for Books and Supplies includes a sum for required COVID testing to return to the United States.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- The visa fee is based on a $165 visa application fee and $140 on-site residence permit fee.
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus Student Service Fees and Personal Costs estimates, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- The personal costs estimate includes $150 reflecting the cost of purchasing or renting a required cell phone.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually.