Program Budget Sheets
University of Stirling (IFSA-Butler)
Budget Sheet for Spring 2024
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $38,805
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $44,795
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $5,990 less than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$32,800|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$6,005|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: IFSA-Butler tuition is covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The Vanderbilt program fee covers IFSA's charges for housing (no meals) and international health insurance. Note that some housing and meal plan options may carry additional fees. Vanderbilt's mandatory international health insurance is included in the program fee. Vanderbilt's Program Fee is subject to change and will always reflect the actual amount charged to us by our partners. This may result in additional credits or charges to your student account after the amount shown is billed. Please see the partner's currently published fees to check on the fees charged by the partner (start here).
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- Many IFSA-Butler programs provide a variety of housing options, some of which carry an additional charge (or discount). Supplemental housing fees will be billed to you directly by IFSA-Butler; please consult with IFSA for details. Discounts for certain housing options will usually be billed by Vanderbilt, after we receive the invoice showing discount from IFSA.
- Any supplemental tuition fees published by IFSA-Butler will be covered by the tuition and fees paid to Vanderbilt University.
- The cost of Vanderbilt's mandatory health insurance coverage (GeoBlue) is included in the Program Fee paid to Vanderbilt. This cost is based on the length of the program and accounts for $241 of the listed Program Fee.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus Student Service Fees and Personal Costs estimates, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- Sites like numbeo.com can be useful for getting a sense of what common items and services cost in cities around the globe.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually. Vaccinations that are required for entry into your host country or for participation on your program can be covered by financial aid.