Program Budget Sheets
Georgia Tech Lorraine
Budget Sheet for Spring 2023
Total Estimated Cost to Study Abroad: $42,972
Cost to remain at Vanderbilt: $42,196
The estimated total cost includes all aspects of the study abroad experience. Tuition, housing, meals, airfare, visa fees, books/supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses are included in this estimate. These fees may be paid to Vanderbilt or to third parties; see the estimates for each of these categories below.This program is estimated to cost $776 more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Fees Paid to Vanderbilt University
Students pay Vanderbilt tuition for each term abroad (read more). Fees paid to Vanderbilt University will be typically be billed according to the Office of Student Account's regular schedule for the term. Any Vanderbilt financial aid you normally receive will be automatically applied to your account, as it is when you are on campus (except for work study, which cannot be used abroad).
|Total Paid to Vanderbilt||$35,057|
Estimated Out of Pocket Costs
These are the fees GEO estimates you will pay to parties other than Vanderbilt. These may be paid to the program partner, to airlines, foreign governments, retailers, and/or other parties.
|Total Paid Out of Pocket||$7,915|
Included in fees paid to Vanderbilt University: Georgia Tech tuition fees are covered by your Vanderbilt tuition payment. The Vanderbilt program fee covers GA Tech's charges for housing & program fees and the technology & institutional fees. Students will pay the GA Tech application fee and transient admission fee directly to Georgia Tech. The administrative fee covers Vanderbilt's mandatory international health insurance. Vanderbilt's Program Fee is subject to change and will always reflect the actual amount charged to us by our partners. This may result in additional credits or charges to your student account after the amount shown is billed. Please see the partner's currently published fees to check on the fees charged by the partner (start here).
Please note the following regarding the estimated out-of-pocket costs listed above:
- GA Tech has not yet released final costs for this term. The program fee shown is an estimate.
- The estimate for the visa includes the costs of a visa and mailing fees plus $300 to travel to make an appearance in person at a French visa center.
- Visa costs and requirements may vary depending on your nationality.
- The estimate for personal expenses is based on the Vanderbilt campus Student Service Fees and Personal Costs estimates, with adjustments based on local cost of living, length of program, and exchange rates. This amount is expected to allow for entertainment and participation in cultural activities, but does not include extensive personal travel. Also included in GEO's personal expenses estimate is VU's standard estimate for maintaining health insurance in your home country in case of medical emergency.
- Sites like numbeo.com can be useful for getting a sense of what common items and services cost in cities around the globe.
- Airfare costs are highly variable and influenced by a number of factors, so we recommend making your own estimates based on your personal travel plans.
- There may be predeparture costs associated with health checks, vaccination, prescriptions, etc. These costs will vary individually.
- Airfare estimate includes round-trip train from Paris to Metz.
This program is estimated to cost more than a semester on campus at Vanderbilt. Need-based financial aid awards may be increased to meet higher estimated costs. Whether or not students receive need-based aid, they may click here to request a financial review from the Office of Student Financial Aid.