Weekly Writing Specialist Appointments
Do you have a writing assignment due soon? Or simply need help with formulating your thoughts before attempting your writing assignment? If yes, then consider meeting with a writing specialist at the Black Cultural Center!
Every week, two writing specialist from the Vanderbilt Writing Studio host appointment hours inside the BCC. Students are encouraged to reserve an appointment slot; however, walk-ins are also welcomed. All sessions take place inside the Resource Room of the Black Cultural Center (Room 105).
How to reserve an appointment slot?
Spots are reserved using the Signup Genius link emailed out weekly by Katrina Crawford, Assistant Director at the BCC. The weekly email is sent to all students currently on the BCC listserv. If you are not on the BCC listserv and would like to be added please email Jacqueline Grant at:
Spring 2020 Writing Specialist Times at the BCC (Online)
Due to the school closings, all Writing Studio times have been moved to WCOnline. You can find more information about that on the Writing Studio website. The appointments will be made and held through this system. Here is how you can make an appointment and the times available for the BCC.
How to make an Appointment
- Go to www.vanderbilt.edu/writing/ and click Schedule an Appointment on the right-hand side.
- If this is your first time visiting, register for an account. Otherwise, log in to your account using your Vanderbilt email and password.
- Scroll down the page until you see a row for “Black Cultural Center Satellite”. Click on any available spot, which should be colored white.
- Fill out the form for scheduling your appointment with any and all information that you want the facilitator to know. Click Create Appointment.
- When it’s time for your appointment, follow the same procedures #1-#3 and click on your appointment time, which should be colored orange. In the pop-up, scroll down and click to enter the online appointment.
Writing Studio Availability
- Every Monday from 4:00-5:00 PM CST (Kelly)
- Every Tuesday from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM CST (Brad)
- Every Tuesday from 5:00-7:00 PM CST (Rachel)