Homecoming Season is here! The BCC, in partnership with the Association for Vanderbilt Black Alumni (AVBA) sponsors many Homecoming activities for the Vanderbilt community. Below is the lineup of the BCC’s events for Homecoming 2023!
Friday, November 3, 2023
11:00 am: The State of Black Vanderbilt
- A brief presentation on the present-day Black student experience and updates on programs/initiatives driven by the BCC.
12:00 pm: NPHC Unity Step
- Members of the NPHC (National Pan-Hellenic Council) Black Greek letter organizations will perform in their annual showcase, the Unity Step on Rand Terrace.
1:00 pm: BCC Tours
- Immediately following the Unity Step, the BCC is hosting an open house with light snacks and beverages, with building tours given by BCC Student AmbassaDores.
3:30 pm Legacy Pioneer Lecture
- This year’s Alumni Legacy Pioneer is Dr. Alma Clayton-Pedersen. Dr. Clayton-Pederson will give a short talk about the importance of legacy and what it means to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the AVBA.
4:30-6:30pm: AVBA Mixer
- The AVBA will be hosting a Mixer for Alumni in the BCC Courtyard!
Saturday, November 4, 2023
10:00 am – 2:00 pm Homecoming Block Party
- The BCC will host a block party in the BCC Courtyard with food trucks and various Black organizations represented.
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Homecoming After-Party (co-sponsored with AVBA)
- The BCC will host an evening Party in collaboration AVBA.