Fighting Racial Injustice Resources
Advocacy Resources for taking action steps to combat racial injustice:
Support a Local Non-profit
- The Equity Alliance – https://theequityalliance.org/
- Nashville Community Bail Fund – https://nashvillebailfund.org/
- Gideon’s Army – https://gideonsarmyunited.org/
Sign a Petition
- Text FLOYD to 55156 to demand that all officers involved in Floyd’s death are charged with his murder.
- Text ENOUGH to 55156 to demand justice for Breonna Taylor.
- Text JUSTICE to 55156 and 668366 to demand justice for Ahmaud Arbery.
- Sign this petition to demand a ban on law enforcement officials who have committed racially motivated acts of violence in the past to never hold a job in law enforcement again.
- More petitions to sign can be found here.
Donate If You Can
- GoFundMe for George Floyd’s Family
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- North Star Health Collective
- Black Lives Matter Movement
- Reclaim the Block
- Information on how to donate internationally and other organizations you can help can be found here.
Make a Phone Call
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey: 612-673-2100
- Minneapolis District Attorney Mike Freeman: 612-348-5550
- Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison: 651-296-3353
- Governor Tim Walz: 651-201-3400
- Minneapolis Police Internal Affairs: (612) 673-3074
Send an Email
- More opportunities to call or email with attached scripts can be found here.
- Resources to educate yourself on how to be a better ally and learn about the history of what is happening can be found here.
- If you choose to protest, make sure you know your rights and how to safely be a part of that change. That information can be found here.