2021 APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN
If you are a veteran admitted to a participating program, please review the scholarship requirements and program eligibility information. Eligible veterans may submit a Bass scholarship application by the mid-February deadline each year.
Bass Military Scholarship application requirements include:
- Bass scholarship application — separate from school/program admission.
- Resume that highlights your military service.
- Endorsement from a military leader or recent employer who knows you well. Information about the endorsement format is here.
- Transcripts from all institutions attended to include information about degree conferred date, GPA, etc.
- Test scores (MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, etc.) as applicable.
- Personal statement video (2 to 3 minutes). See video guidelines here.
- Member 4 copy of DD214 or National Guard equivalent. If currently on active duty, then provide a short memorandum from commander with details of military transition, i.e. last duty day, transition leave, and last day on active duty.
- Complete and submit admissions application and requirements according to the participating school and program policies.
- Adhere to all participating school program requirements and deadlines.
- Admissions decisions are at the discretion of participating schools and programs.
- Complete and submit scholarship application and requirements by the deadline.
- Scholarship applicants admitted by their respective academic program are reviewed for scholarship selection.
- Scholarship recipients are notified of the award by April 1.
- Two separate applications and set of requirements must be completed: (1) school program admissions application and requirements and (2) Bass Military Scholars Program application and requirements (listed above).
- Applicants may concurrently work on applications for admissions and scholarship.
- To be considered for the Bass Military Scholars Program, a student must be offered admission to participating Vanderbilt graduate or professional school or program.
- Online and part-time programs are not eligible for the Bass Military Scholars award. See list of participating schools and programs here.